Birchbox makes it feel like Christmas every month. It is the one time of the month I actually enjoy – because certainly no one enjoys that other time of the month. I discovered Birchbox while thumbing through an issue of Cosmopolitan and conducted further research on Youtube- WARNING: Birchbox hauls are highly addictive.
The basic concept of Birchbox is you pay $10 each month and you are sent a box containing 4-5 deluxe beauty samples from a wide array of high end brands. You do not get to choose what is in your box but if you fill out a beauty profile they can better cater to your beauty needs. Visit www.birchbox.com for the complete run down.
October’s Birchbox is about prep and finish. These products are made to help your skin, body, and hair looks its best for the fall season. Here’s what I got this month:
· Pangea Organics Japanese Matcha Tea Facial Mask- For all skin types this mask also contains acai and goji berry. I received a facial cleanser so I will use those together when I get the chance
· Befine Lip Serum with chamomile and beets- This product is allergen free, paraben free, and contains vegetarian proteins to heal dry lips. Initially, I noticed this product does not have a scent and its consistency is more like an oil than a balm.
· blinc Mascara- A popular tubing mascara claims to not smear, smudge, or run. Washes off with warm water and a wash cloth. I actually purchased the full-sized product (0.21 oz) at IMATS LA in June. Check out the size of the sample (0.14 oz)!
· Orofluido Beauty Elixir – A hair oil containing argan, linseed, and cyperus. My hair loves Argan oil so I look forward to trying it.
· A little something Extra… Minteas in Lime Mojito- mints infused with antioxidants from yerba mate and cocoa. These are going in my purse!
One complaint I have about Birchbox is the time it takes my box to arrive. Birchbox is based in New York so late arrival is expected. However, there have been many times when I have not received my box of goodies until after the 20th of the month. The anticipation almost kills me when this happens. I am guilty of obsessively refreshing the USPS tracking website to pinpoint the exact second my box is delivered. Other times I’m overjoyed when it comes before the 10th of the month. Birchbox, please give me some consistency or make an office on the West Coast so I can get immediate satisfaction!
Despite being impatient, I thoroughly enjoy my subscription to Birchbox the last five months. Birchbox makes me feel adventurous and has made me knowledgeable about many brands without having to break the bank from buying so many full sized products.
Notable Birchbox products from past months:
- Ahava Mineral Hand Cream- it has traveled with me in my purse and I’ve used every last drop of this nongreasy hand cream.
- Zoya nail polish in Shay- the formula is thick and goes on smooth like buttah. This neutral is workplace appropriate and absolutely on trend this Fall.
- Incoco Nail Strips – Think Sally Hansen Salon Effects but with cuter designs. Nail strips are
- Carol’s Daughter Monoi Repairing Hair Mask –it smelled great and it made my hair soft and manageable
- Laura Gellar Baked Blush n’ Brighten- The only full-sized product I have received thus far.
Try it out if you are looking to discover new products or brands. Or stock up on toiletries to take with you in your purse or on your next vacation. Until next month…