Shameless Indulgence in Makeup and Beauty Products

Sunday, November 13, 2011

November 2011 Birchbox

I was away for the weekend and guess what was waiting for me in my mailbox all weekend? If your response was my November 2011 Birchbox, *Ding-ding-ding, you're a winner! Like every month I tore into this box with excitement. This month's theme is "Getting Gifty." Can you believe we're less than two weeks away from Thanksgiving and then it's Christmas?! A holiday theme is very appropriate this month  since I should start making my list and then be checking it twice.

For this month's post I remembered to give you  pictures of the handy dandy card Birchbox includes in each box. The card has a cute little message from the Birchbox team and a breakdown of the products you received with information about the full size and its price.


Here's what I got...

The Atelier Cologne was packaged in a parchment envelope with a fun postcard as an added bonus. The cologne smells divinely sweet and sugary vanilla. Most vanilla scents remind me of Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar. This scent is perfect for cold winter days. It makes me want to cuddle up with a special someone next to a warm fire place.

The Borghese Mud for Face and Body looks promising. From reading the description I can expect this to be a luxe treatment for my dry skin. It is a generous sample at 1 oz. so I'm confident I will be able to throughly test it out on my body and face.

LaROCCA Champagne & Shimmer Supreme Creme smells like applesauce or citrus. I dipped my ring finger into the jar and the product was incredibly soft and creamy. After rubbing it into my hand  I know I won't be bothered by the shimmer in the product because it is very fine, doesn't clump, and disperses over the skin evenly. It hydrates nicely upon first application but I will have to further test its longevity. The description leads you to believe this is best worn at night when you are going out.

The shining star in this box, hands down, is the Zoya Nail Polish in Izzy. This magenta jewel-toned polish is another great product for the winter. I wish I could have Christmas tree decorations in the colors of the new Zoya Gems & Jewels Holiday Collection. Birchbox should have sent me Holly, the bright shimmery green,  from this collection. They could have put two and two together and inferred I like green from my name. I am so excited to receive yet another Zoya polish! I have been gushing over Shay since I got it in my July box.
A little treat included this month were coasters from Two Paper Dolls. Thank you Birchbox for giving me something to put my cup on instead of my naked tabletop.  

Notable Products from Last Month:
- Befine Lip Serum - This is a full sized product but is a half of a lip treatment duo. I used it mainly before bed and when I woke up the next morning my lips felt the same as when I went to bed. Good stuff! 
-blinc Mascara- It is a great mascara for lengthening but not volumizing. It can be kind of a pain to remove the tubules from your lashes. I found that I removed a few lashes in the process.
  
You've done it again, Birchbox! I'm never let down by the products I get. The nail polish makes it worth it for me. I'm sure December will be a great box with Christmas and New Years coming up. In fact, a Birchbox subscription will make a great holiday gift for any beauty lover in your life. If you want more information or want to sign up follow this link http://www.birchbox.com?raf=6ica4 and let them know I referred you! 

I can't wait for next month!!

2 comments:

  1. This definitely looks like a great box! The nail polish looks great for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the blog post love! I love reading your comments :)

    ReplyDelete